September 8 – 14, 2024 is National Suicide Prevention Week. Suicide is a national health problem that currently ranks as the 2nd leading cause of death for ages 10 – 24. Suicide is also one of the leading causes of preventable death in our nation. This race is to help spread awareness in an effort to shed light on this highly taboo and stigmatized topic.
20% of the proceeds go to: NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib
- Complete a 5k, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between September 8-14, 2024
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don't forget to follow our Facebook page too!
- Suicide Awareness Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to track my time / How do I track my time?
No, tracking your time is optional. There are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- Do all team members have to participate together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Can I split up the distance over several days?
Yes, you can certainly split up your distance over time if needed.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship mid-August through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by August 10th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after August 10th are not guaranteed to arrive by September 8th.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.