In order to use GiveSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
You can do your virtual race anywhere you like between March 4 and March 18. If you're local to Fredericksburg and want to run or walk downtown, check out our suggested route that will pass by many of our sponsors. You can follow along on Map My Run or Google Maps!
You can use your phone, smart watch, apps like Map My Run or Strava, or even just a good old-fashioned stopwatch to record your time as you run.
Regardless of where you decide to run, once you've completed your 5K (3.1 miles), you can log your time on the results page here: runsignup.com/downtownrunaround/results
If you're driving to Downtown Greens to do your race, we recommend parking along Princess Anne Street near the upper garden (there is parking near the corner of Princess Anne and Dixon). Then walk over to the Downtown Greens building (206 Charles Street--the one with the big pink flower on it) at the corner of Charles and Dixon. Look for the big Downtown Runaround banner-- this is where you'll start and finish your race if you are using the 2023 route.
Once you're finished, take a selfie with the sponsor banner and TAG US (@downtown_greens)!
View the course in Google Maps and get directions here:
1. Start at Downtown Greens (206 Charles Street) in front of the office (the building with a flower on it).
2. Cross Charles Street at Dixon and run through the Downtown Greens upper garden.
3. When you reach the end of the upper garden, stay on Dixon until you can take a left onto Caroline Street.
4. Turn right onto Frederick Street, then left onto Sophia.
5. Stay on Sophia Street and run through Riverfront Park once you get there. Run past the Chatham Bridge and continue on Sophia until you get to the library parking lot. Turn left onto Lewis Street.
6. Run uphill on Lewis Street and then take a left onto Prince Edward Street.
7. Run down Prince Edward and cross William. After you pass Hurkamp Park, turn right onto George Street.
8. Run all the way down George, passing Maury Stadium. Turn left onto Jackson Street and take that to Kenmore Avenue.
9. Turn up Charlotte Street (another left) and run uphill.
10. When you reach Princess Anne Street, turn left and run to William Street.
11. At William, turn right, then make another right onto Caroline.
12. Run down Caroline Street, passing the train station, then turn right onto Frederick Street.
13. Take Frederick to Charles Street. Then turn left and run down Charles until you see Downtown Greens!
14. Finish your race under our victory banner. Take a selfie and cool off in the lower garden!
15. If you recorded your time, or even if you just want to brag that you finished, log your results online at runsignup.com/downtownrunaround/results
*Always be safe and use your best judgment. This is not a "real" race, so watch for traffic and other hazards. Make amendments to the course as needed. A 5K is 3.1 miles.*
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.