1. Create a team (2 or more people) with your friends, family, people from church, etc.
2. Pick an activity - a group walk, run, hike, bike ride, stretching, chair yoga, gardening, playing with children, or any other kind of physical movement that you can do together!
3. Schedule a time to move together October 1st through 3rd and share your results with the HSHC Community via the Results page found above.
4. Join others from across the country in fundraising to reach our goal of $15,000. Participants are encouraged to fundraise or donate at least $25 per person. You will set your individual goal when you register for the challenge above.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO:
The team that fundraises the most!
The team with the largest number of participants!
Teams will win a 1-hour online "Healthy Living" workshop with our Executive Director, Karen Webster.
Workshop options include: a plant-based cooking demo, workout/fitness Q&A session, health-oriented Bible study and/or educational class
(Body & Health in the Bible, Caring for Self, Stress Management, etc.).
MOVING TOGETHER MOTIVATION!
When you register for the challenge, you will:
- Receive a weekly motivation written by people from the HSHC community (scripture verse, short reflection, questions for your consideration).
- Get a health tip on each of the 5 Wednesdays in September leading up to our Moving Together Challenge weekend.
Our hope is that this will:
- Encourage you and your team to renew your awareness of, as well as learn some new things about, movement as it relates to our physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, relational, and environmental wellbeing.
- Remind you of the benefits of moving through life with others.
Given the isolation many of us have experienced, we’re using this year’s challenge to celebrate the joy and blessings that come from moving together!
Team size: Participants must be part of a team consisting of at least two people with one person designated as the “Team Leader”. You are welcome to form a “virtual team” with people in different geographical locations, but please pick a specific activity to do together - even virtually - during the weekend of October 1st.
Connect: Teams are encouraged to discuss the weekly reflections together. Again, an important part of the challenge is examining the ways we move - individually and collectively - and building more movement in our daily lives. For example, take some time to reflect on the questions with others leading up to the event - perhaps while practicing for the event, via a Zoom call, social media, text, and beyond!
Online Registration is Closed
Online Registration has Ended.