Join the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon and Louisville Sports Commission in spreading the word about this year's race on Oct. 12, 2024! We are looking for fitness-focused individuals who are just as excited as we are about Louisville's premiere fall half marathon. Urban Bourbonites serve as race ambassadors to promote the event and increase registration numbers both locally and throughout the region.
As an Urban Bourbonite, you will receive some special perks:
- Discount/referral code for friends, family and marketing purposes
- Complimentary registration into the 2024 Urban Bourbon Half Marathon once your discount/referral code has been used five times
- Complimentary VIP packet pick-up once your discount/referral code has been used 10 times
- Bourbon-themed dinner for you and a guest once your discount/referral code has been used 20 times
- Official Urban Bourbonite apparel
- Featured posts on UBHM social media pages with bio, social media handles and other details about you
- A connection to an amazing group of local and regional runners all working together to make Urban Bourbon Half Marathon the top fall race in the region
The Urban Bourbonite duties and responsibilities include:
- Have an outgoing, active personality
- Portray yourself in person and on social media in a manner that is consistent with the values and principles of the Louisville Sports Commission
- Wear Urban Bourbon Half Marathon apparel at any races in which you participate
- Familiarize yourself with all aspects of the race to be able to answer questions from prospective participants, including course, water stops, registration deadlines/pricing, packet pick-up, Urban Bourbon Bash, etc.
- Promote the race via social media
- Distribute printed race materials to local gyms, coffee shops, fitness facilities, and other community locations
- Participate in a monthly Ambassador meeting
- Volunteer for at least one regional race expo
- Volunteer for at least one three-hour shift at Packet Pick-up on the Friday before the race
- Participate in the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon on Oct. 12, either as a runner or volunteer
Applications will be accepted until January 31 with a decision on our final Urban Bourbonites in late February. If you have any questions about the program, please reach out to the Louisville Sports Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.