Are you or do you know a Veteran looking for help or ways to connect? Here are some local and national resources to start your healing journey. Check out the local resources identified by the symbol on the custom Veteran Memorial Site Google map.
CRISIS HOTLINE NUMBERS
National Call Center for Homeless Veterans
Veteran Crisis Line
1.800.273.TALK (8255), Press 1
Military Crisis Line - VA Suicide Line
National Veterans Foundation Lifeline for Vets – Vet to Vet Assistance
Wounded Warrior Resource Center (MOS)
- Military One Source - https://www.militaryonesource.mil/military-life-cycle/veterans-military-funeral-honors/veterans-resources
Military OneSource is your 24/7 connection to information, answers and support to help you reach your goals, overcome challenges and thrive.
- National Resource Directory - https://nrd.gov/
The National Resource Directory is a searchable database of resources vetted for Service members, veterans, family members and caregivers.
- National Veterans Foundation - https://nvf.org/veteran-resources/
We help Veterans and their families who are enduring a crisis or who have a critical need for help. Veterans of any era can call LIFELINE FOR VETS for assistance. NO ONE LEFT BEHIND! Vet to Vet Assistance. Call 888.777.4443
- Rock County Veterans Services Department - https://www.co.rock.wi.us/veterans
It is the mission of the Rock County Veterans Services Department to advocate for and provide assistance to all veterans of the U.S. Armed Services, and their dependents and survivors. We ensure that clients obtain all available and appropriate benefits for which they are entitled. The Department staff is committed to act in a courteous, effective and fiscally responsible manner, providing maximum service to its clientele.
- Rockford VA Clinic - https://www.va.gov/find-locations/facility/vha_607HA & https://www.madison.va.gov/locations/rockford.asp
The first VA presence in Rockford dates back to 1986 when there was a contractual agreement with Rockford Medical College and Veterans were seen at the old Family Practice clinic location. The VA converted to a VA staffed model with the opening of a clinic in 1994. In September 2012, the Rockford clinic doubled its size and moved to a new 31,000 square feet facility. The clinic serves more than 8,938 Veterans from Winnebago County area and four other Illinois counties which are part of the Madison VA Hosptial's primary service area.
Rockford Clinic Location: 816 Featherstone Road Rockford, IL 61107-6300
Clinic Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Rockford Vet Center - https://www.va.gov/find-locations/facility/vc_0447V
Location: 7015 Rote Road, Suite 105 Rockford, IL 61107
Main number: 815-395-1276
- Veteran's Assistance Commission of Winnebago County - https://www.facebook.com/WeServeVeterans
We exist to serve veterans, their surviving spouses, and dependents by pursuing benefits and resources they've earned on the Local, State, and Federal levels.
- Veteran's Assistance Commission of Boone County - https://vacbc.org/
Veterans Assistance is designed to provide needed services to eligible veterans and families who, according to written standards adopted and applied consistently by the Boone County Veterans Assistance Commission of Boone County (VACBC), are in need of meeting basic living expenses and/or advocacy services.
- Veteran's Associations around the Rockford Area - http://veteransmemorialhall.com/page/26/veteran-associations
A list Veterans Groups that call Veterans Memorial Hall and Museum home.
- Veteran's Drop-In Center - https://www.veteransdropincenter.com/
The Veterans’ Drop-In Center – a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation – was started in 2009 when a group of caring, compassionate people decided that Rockford area veterans and their families needed a place to gather and meet with their peers – without some of the formalities that come with other veterans’ organizations.
- VetsRoll - https://www.vetsroll.org/
Each year, 200 more WWII and Korean Era Veterans and ‘Rosies-the-Riveters’ are treated to a trip to visit war memorials in Washington D.C.; all at zero expense to the participants!